Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

December 06, 2009

Week 24 update (Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2009)


This week is a mix of good and bad moments. The good: we hit the 6-month milestone! Yesiree, we're 6 months pregnant already! ^_^ Also, we found out the sex of our baby. Wanna know if s/he's female or male? Read on below! The bad: I was sick with flu. Last Nov 29, I felt weak and had scratchy throat. This continued for 2 more days and all I did was water therapy. On the fourth day, I had colds and slight fever but no cough. I drank more water plus lots of fruit juices. Last Dec 4 (Friday), I went to my monthly OB checkup and the doctor recommended antibiotics. I didn't take it, instead I drank more fluid + juices + vitamin C and got plenty of rest. And because I rested, I missed Papa's last Shell Family Day in Eden, huhu! I also missed a musical recital that my father-in-law invited us to. Sigh! On the bright side, I'm feeling a whole lot better today (Dec 6). I hope the flu will leave me soon and I hope that our sweet baby wasn't affected by it..

How far along? 24 weeks! Woohoo!
Total weight gain/loss: I gained another 2 kilos! That brings my total weight gain to 8.5-9.5kg in 6 months! I now weigh a heavy 53.5kg -_-
Maternity clothes? Still not wearing them.. Guess I'm still in denial that I need loose maternity clothes to accommodate my huge belly. Hehe!
Stretch marks? Nothing so far! Guess my increased fluid intake (for hydration of skin and tissue) and use of Mark & Spencer's White Peach and Almond lotion helped =)
Sleep: Lacking a good night's sleep! I toss and turn every night finding a good position.. Sigh!
Best moment this week: Finding out our baby's sex last Dec 4!! But, we're keeping it a secret until Christmas Day! Hehe! =) Also a great moment was window shopping in Chimes (and eating in Banana Leaf, love their prawn cakes below!) and DavCon Christmas Bazaar. Oh, and we had family dinner in Aseya (Kamameshi!!) too. Plus, I helped my culinary student cousin cook his individual chicken dish, for which he got a grade of 92! Nice! ^_^ All in all, this has been another food-gasmic week! And the entire month has been nothing but food intake -- and it definitely showed in my weight gain of 2 kilos -_-
Movement: LOTS!! Our sweet baby is really super active. Does this mean s/he's gonna be one hyper kid?? Hope not! :p On a sidenote, earlier this evening, I had severe navel pain -- as if my navel is being pulled inside me. I dunno if baby was playing with it or what, but it was really painful that I cried -_-
Food cravings: Palabok! Empanada! Which I all had, thanks to my mom ^_^
Gender: SECRET!! Hehe!
Labor Signs: None!
Belly Button in or out? Still in but very, very shallow. Guess it will pop out soon..
What I miss: Being healthy! The 1-week flu really weakened me, but more than that, it scared me coz it might have affected our baby. S/he remained very active the entire week though -- a good sign I hope!
What I am looking forward to: CHRISTMAS!! Hubby won't have work starting Dec 22 (cross fingers!) -- it's bonding time for us! Woohoo!
Weekly Wisdom: Drink lots of fluid! If possible, more than 2 liters a day! It keeps infections away and your skin will thank you for it. Also, take your vitamins and keep your immune system 100% functioning.
Milestones: We just hit the 6-month mark!! And we knew the sex of our baby! Time to go shopping for gender color-appropriate clothes and stuff! ^_^ Another milestone, albeit not good, was that I became sick the first time during this pregnancy *sigh*
.

0 comments on "Week 24 update (Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2009)"

Post a Comment

Related Websites

Countdown!

Buy and sell Text Links

Little Girls Dresses from Shabby Apple Maternity Dresses from Shabby Apple

Well Wishers

 

-Baby Blues- Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal